I looked at the Explore math and english samples and I just don't think she's been taught some of this stuff yet. I don't want her to take it and then get frustrated if she doesn't do well. She has always thought she wasn't as smart as her peers (she had a lot of boys in her gifted class, and this is the age where the boys run around telling the girls how much smarter they are...made me laugh because she killed them in word problems in math but because she would space what 6x7 was and the boys were better at the rote stuff so she thought she was "bad" at math).

So now she is very proud of herself about the ISAT's and I think has an understanding of her giftedness (instead of just thinking we were telling her that because we're her parents). She's in a new school and killing it there too, so lots of new confidence. It's a Montessori 4-5-6 combo and it only took them a few weeks to decide to accelerate her (and it's easy). That was one of my frustrations with her old school...they called themselves gifted but all they did was accelerate, and that was just in Kindergarten...so they were always a year ahead, but other than that they were as hide bound as any traditional school. Actually more so b/c if the kid wasn't getting straight A's they wouldn't contemplate walking them up beyond their gifted classroom, which was a self perpetuating problem generator. Bored=less effort=even worse grades.

Anyway, so now that she's got some self confidence, I'm just worried about blowing it. The things that she was doing that made me think conduct disorder have all disappeared with the new school environment. But she and her brother are both prone to anxiety, and I have often wondered if i should have her evaluated. Because her new school is not straight gifted, she is in class with several children who have disabilities and it's out in the open, so she's been talking a lot about it and asking me if I think she has a disability and other times asking what it means to be gifted, so I know she knows she's different (as do I) but not sure how it all fits. She doesn't seem autistic at all, but, man, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Her brother is hyperlexic, read at 2.5 and diagnosed with ASD last spring. He is all over the map too. Sometimes I think he's not autistic at all, just a mad scientist the world doesn't understand...but whatever, he's getting the help he needs. Just never sure if I'm doing the right stuff with her because there is so much less help out there for a smart kid, so much less guidance on what to do for them.

Good point though that the fact she wants to take it is an important piece of the puzzle and i need to honor that.

Welp, I'll tell her she can take the test next spring. We can play around with some of the test questions over the winter so she's not frustrated by the test. I haven't ever test prepped her, but I do want her to have seen what the questions will be like before she takes it.

Anything else I should be thinking about?