Hi! I'm not a regular poster but I am an occasional lurker. My DD9 was identified by the Chicago Public School system as gifted when she was 4 and placed into a gifted kindergarten in a school that we call a "regional gifted center (RGC)." After grades K-3 in the RGC (acceleration 1 grade level beyond) things slowly deteriorated into a bad situation for my daughter and our family. I doubted her giftedness, contemplated conduct disorder as a possibility, and generally pulled my hair out. My son is autistic and gifted as well, so we have a lot of moving parts. He was born right when she was placed in the gifted school and I've had my hands full ever since so she's taken the back burner for a while. I had come to the conclusion that she's "bright" not "BRIGHT."

I moved her this year to another school (more on that later) but recently found out her ISAT scores were off the hook. But I don't know what that really means. She didn't miss one question on the math and no multiple choice on the reading, got dinged for one of her extended responses. Both scores are 99.9%, 9th stanine, etc.

ISAT's aren't known for being incredibly rigorous (this year Common Core was blended in, 20 or 50 percent, can't remember). I had a mini-test done when she was 4 at the Northwestern Center for Talent Development, and she tested for the program but didn't shatter any scores.

Just trying to figure out where to take this, if anywhere. We are doing algebra on KhanAcademy.com, she reads like a maniac (taught herself between 3-4.5), she wants to take the Explore test (which I don't think she is ready for yet).

Just give me a reality check here.