Ack! Hello all...somehow I managed to post this response below on the wrong thread...(I hope this site isn't some sort of IQ test - if so, I think I just failed....) Anyway, here is my post and question below.....Thanks!

Hello! Galaxy Girl, I'm wondering if Accelerated Reader/Math are computer programs, workbooks, systems, or what? I'm planning a conference with my 6 year old son's teacher this week - he is bored out of his skull. (I haven't figured out abbreviations yet...I see sons are referred to as "DS" - but what does the "D" stand for?)

His teacher sent home all of the spelling words for the rest of the year today - and he can already spell nearly all 80 of them perfectly. At Ania's advice, I checked out the Beestar.org site with him today - and he absolutely loved it, and I had to fight to get him to stop doing it to go to bed! I was thrilled to see him so excited. He constantly tells us that he hates school, so I'm hopeful we can make some changes for him. The math they are doing he mastered years ago - single digit addition and subtraction. So I'm looking for sites/resources to suggest in our conference.

So glad to hear about your daughter's situation! Is she still doing well?
Susan