Dear Parents-
Hope you can advice me on the right approach here. My daughter is in 4th grade with a MAP math score of 252. She has been consistently in 99th percentile from 1st grade and also in Stanford achievement test. She also participates in several gifted programs in the area outside of school. She is bored with the current school curriculum and is really not motivated. In our school, the gifted Math lessons starts at 4th grade and we were really looking forward to it. Now the problem, she was disqualified in the pre-test for the 1st unit because she didn't explain the answers correctly(answers are all correct). 75% is qualification for 'Extends' and she got 70. Now I am wondering how the teacher pre-test assessment vs standard test like MAP match up.Every other tests she has taken in school is near 90%.

I truly believe there is something wrong with the class assessment or there is some politics- Is this even possible in this country ??Please share your thoughts.Both us parents came to US to attend grad school so not much idea about the elementary school system although we are from Math background and can measure our kids skills well. Finally after 25 emails and several phone calls, I got a 15 min appointment with the teacher and I am meeting with her next week to see if there is any appeal process to this- the teacher seems to be really rude and is cutting us off about reviewing the tests and when we try to get a statistics on how many kids got qualified in school or district or class level - this is just to gauge the selection criteria eg, 25 students out of 100 4th graders got it it doesn't make sense to know that she with this high MAP was not in the top 25%. Anyone had any similar experience ? Is it worth a fight with the Principal/Board/superintendent etc ? I believe being a parent I need to get the max benefit offered by the public school system and we have to fight for our kids if they really deserve it. In this case I know that he needs to be properly motivated in school- she was so looking forward to it(Most of her dinner table conversation ends as "Next year I will be so happy to learn something new through extended math). Worried and disappointed now - Please let me know if you had a similar situation and advice on what is best to do (Ignore this and find other outside motivations or fight for this) ??
Waiting for your reply