Originally Posted by MumOfThree
Originally Posted by GinaW
My nephew came into a crowded room and started telling a story in a frantic upset way. There were all sorts of details about him going to restroom and needing to blow his nose and how someone had lit a pretty candle in there. After way too long he gets too "and my tissue caught on fire and is still on fire in the trash can." We tease him about that one still.

Awesome.

My favourite is the family member, who if you ask a question such as "Where is my husband?" will reply along the lines of "Well I have this problem with the cable for the stereo in my car.... your car.... thought.... fixing... blah blah blah..." And if you have half an hour that monologue WILL end with where my husband is, but really, could they not say "In my car."?

Oh I am chuckling at both of these. This is exactly what I am talking about. I have to start questions with the answer choices, as in "This is a yes or no question. Is it raining outside?" Sometimes I still get an answer like, "Well the weather channel says no but I was just out there and had to wipe my glasses off when I came inside." Seriously what part of yes or no did they not get?

Having said that I also have to turn a simple question like, "will you turn off the light in the kitchen?" Into a doctorial thesis statement on "why the light is still on and whether it will still be on if no one is in the room to see it," To actually get someone other than myself to turn the thing off, because now it is an experiment rather than just a mundane task...LOL. That's my quirky gifties.

Cassie

"Imperfections in our journey were what made it perfect."-Ewan McGregor