I spent much of my childhood doing similar things, Irena. I actually seem quite normal to most people, and did by the time I was in high school. At least I think that I do. They don't seem to avoid eye contact or edge away from me or anything. LOL. They think I'm a little eccentric, and frighteningly good at some really arcane or strange things, and that I am not an annoying know-it-all, because I'm not out to dominate, and I don't talk just to hear my own voice (actually, I'm kind of introverted) I just know a lot of things...

{mumbles} just don't take me to Sherwin-Williams.... I'm likely to become unhinged when they don't have the RIGHT shade of orange... or blue-green....

And fabric samples-- don't even get me started. I looked at over 2K fabric samples for my living room sofa. I could SEE it in my head. I wound up "settling" on an avocadoey green, but what a really wanted was a delicate spring or pear color instead Like a fresh slice of key lime pie. Instead, I got guacomole. {sigh} It was quite frustrating to me.

I also had custom paint mixed for my kitchen cabinets and did them myself so that I could get what I wanted. Color is a BIG, BIG quirk of mine. blush

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.