My suggestion will not win friends, but it doesn't sound as if they are being very cordial anyway.

I would not linger in the class after drop-off, but would go to the office and politely ask if I could speak to the principal or assistant principal for "just a minute..." Be prepared to wait for a while, and let them know that it is not a problem to wait for a while if they try to say they are too busy. If they can't come out, keep asking for someone else until someone comes to speak with you. Then reiterate that you need to speak to the principal. If no one will come out; leave a written note asking them to call you by the end of the day.

Then tell them that you are following up on your previous conversation/note and want to know what steps they are going to recommend to help your DS "adjust." If you only notified the teacher, this is the time to send a note to the principal and the teacher following up. Don't leave without either a recommendation from them or a timeline for getting a recommendation. Keep escalating all the way to the superintendent if you have to do so.

Last edited by momoftwins; 09/29/13 08:50 AM.