Good points. As long as he is not complaining about school, I'm not too worried about it. He's just happy to be there with his friends and is willing to put up with some nonsense. For the last month of school he has been bringing home 2+2 homework for math--number partners up to 6. It has been painful to see when he already knows all the multiplication and division facts and can add and subtract negative numbers, understands fractions/decimals, etc. I am opposed to subject acceleration in math (as in, actually moving him to a different grade for math), because of my worry about the writing and that there just won't be enough time for math after being pulled for speech, OT, Adapted PE, etc (assuming he gets OT and physical therapy). So I just want the teacher to differentiate the best she can, working around the handwriting issues. I told her I want him to work to his ability level in all areas and not be held back in certain subjects just because he has a disability. I suggested iXL on the computer in the classroom to do while the other kids are listening to the boring number partner lectures, and gave her his password but so far he has not been on there. We'll see what she comes up with in terms of math and what he brings home. If it seems too difficult for him, I'll ask her to give him less or a lower level.
The neuropsych did write in his report that DS's perceptual reasoning is so advanced that he processes information differently than other people and is at risk for not doing well in a traditional school setting. Gifted services should be considered. I'm not even sure what he means by that (how he processes information differently? Is this like saying he is a divergent thinker? Visual thinker?). But he has a point on not just neglecting that side of him and I'm glad he put it in the report so I don't look like a crazy pushy tiger mom.