Thanks polarbear. I'm not sure why the school psych seems so insistent on not giving her the WISC but I assume it's because of time or funding. Since she's so against it, I'm not sure I trust her to even give the test in an appropriate way if she finally agrees to it.

DS has never had any sort of cognitive testing with the school. Just speech assessments (articulation) and very brief fine and gross motor evaluations.

Here are his WISC scores if anyone can make sense of them or what they mean in terms of being 2e:
Block Design 13
Similarities 12
Digit Span 10
Picture Concepts 19
Coding 10
Vocabulary 13
Letter Number Seq 14
Matrix Reasoning 18
Comprehension 13
Symbol Search 13

DS was very squirrely during the testing according to the report, and there are concerns about ADHD. I noticed when he did a perceptual vision test with the OT (which I was allowed to watch), he was at times impulsive with his answers and kept changing his mind after she had recorded his answers. Since he has always had speech output issues (similar to apraxia) I'm not sure if the verbal subtests are valid, reliable scores of his verbal ability or not. His verbal comprehension score is only 114, while Perceptual Reaonsing is 141. That's a huge gap. I'm not sure if I should bring up this issue with the school or demand any other testing because of this gap. His working memory is 110, and processing speech is 109--so all the scores are in the average range except for Perceptual Reasoning at 99.7 percentile and neuropsych said that's an underestimate because of block design, which involves fine motor. He noted in the report that there are large discrepancies between scores. Full scale IQ is 126 and GAI is 133.

Is block design a test of visual spatial ability? Because when the OT did visual testing, he scored above the 99th percentile for visual spatial ability and visual memory. For that test, there were no little blocks to manipulate, he was just looking at a book.

The school pretty much dismissed the IQ testing and the entire neuropsych report. They do admit that he is 2e, and are now looking at the recommendations because of the special ed director getting involved. But at ths point they are totally focusing on the disability and not the giftedness. DS's teacher finally said she would give him third grade level math instead of first grade, but I'm not sure how that's going to work. Is she planning on teaching the math or just giving it to him? I'm also very worried about the writing that will be involved.