I think the website said testing from the previous or current school year is accepted.

I wrote on a different thread somewhere on this site about how DD didn't even finish half of the CogAt (probably because of the ADHD and her immaturity and it was tightly timed--but she also has an extremely slow processing speed/working memory when not medicated properly). The district gifted coordinator (who is now gone) told me that she can take an IQ test but would leave it up to the school psych. The school psych wants to give her a Weschler non-verbal ability test. It has sections like coding and visual sequencing and I just don't know how she would do on something like that. I don't think there's a way to separate out those sub-tests if there are gaps like you can with a GAI. Debating whether to argue with the school psych or just let DD take the test and hope for the best. She needs to get a composite score of 132 (or 139 if her math/reading achievement test scores are not both in the 98th-99th percentile). But those scores are based on the CogAt which might have different percentiles than the WISC. It all gets very confusing, and the people with the school district don't seem all that bright.

Since DS has an IEP I'm hoping they don't fight me on giving him another IQ test later on, rather than the CogAt.

Coding was DS's lowest score on the WISC, but strangely he still got a 10. Nine points less than his highest score though. I assume this is a large discrepancy.