Yes, SAT says no photo for under 13, not needed and don't send one, and ACT appears to want photo ID but accepts school IDs.

ACT says you can choose which test date and location's scores to send to colleges, so presumably you would just use the later one (if it was better, of course). The scores would still be there, but they wouldn't go anywhere you didn't want them to. Theoretically.

One thing I found disturbing about the WATS presentation -- she was explaining how they help you to understand where your child's test scores are in relation to other gifted kids in the region, as opposed to in relation to the whole nation of kids who are required to take the tests regardless of their ...inclinations, I suppose. She had this "apples to oranges" thing, saying that if you get your young gifted kid's score (on the ACT) and look at the whole nation's scores, you think, "my kid is a wizard", or you get the score (on the SAT) and think, "my kid's not as smart as I thought", but if you get their score report comparing to the population of young gifted kids in the region, it puts it in perspective for you. Reasoning being, ACT test takers are mostly required by schools to take the test, so it's everybody regardless of college aspirations, intelligence, interests, etc., and your kid's score looks better by comparison. SAT is mostly college-bound, intense students, so your kid's score looks worse by comparison.

But even if you accept the premises of who takes the tests and why, it's not graded on a curve! Your kid's score is the same no matter who else takes the test or why. I didn't argue, but I just couldn't quite see the logic. I may have explained it badly here, as it didn't all stick in my head.