We doubt very much that DD is DYS material, though I guess we could be wrong. I think her initial IQ test came out a little low, but I don't think by a whole lot. What she does have, and this is clear, is a very good working memory, which gives her a great advantage at school. She's also very well-rounded, which is nice.

I looked at the sample questions and I actually think DD will NOT do very well on the math, mainly because she has not been exposed to any math beyond a 5th grade level and is likely not to try very hard. (I know her. She'll just go "Agh--I don't know this!" and not attempt, when it comes to math--although she is a good guesser.) However, she is really good at grammar and writing, and will probably do very well on the English section. I also think she would do well on the Science section--that is really a strength for her. I keep telling her so, and she seems to not believe me. So, maybe it would build up her confidence a bit. But as I say, it is quite unlikely to do anything for us in terms of school options/choices. Which is okay--she's doing okay, and any other advocacy we would do would really be pushing way outside the box (keeping in mind that she is in a full-day GT magnet).

I don't know how excited she really would be about taking this, either!

What about the other benefits of TIP? Anything worth writing home about?