Originally Posted by NotSoGifted
While middle kid seemed to cry a lot about silly things, I can't recall books or movies being a trigger (unless they were such tearjerkers that everyone cries when they read/watch them). Middle kid had some perfectionist things going on at a young age that made her cry, and microscopic cuts and buttons/snaps on clothes made her break down...but she always liked to read and write about "dark" things.

Just wanted to ask about the earlier comments on Love You Forever...My MIL gave us that book and all of us found it rather disturbing and creepy...did anyone else react that way? And Dobby's death did upset my kids a little, but not enough to stop reading.

Love you forever...yes creepy...but I read it when I was pregnant with my first (after 10 years of infertility) so with all the pregnancy hormones running through my body I was a crying mess (at my niece and nephew's first birthday party) and I had tons of mom's actually laughing at me. They all thought it was creepy too, yet could understand the emotion. If you go on Youtube (or maybe it is his website) you can hear the author read it...and he reads it more as a funny story (knowing that the mom is nuts).

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary