I liked most of it.

I'm not sure I liked their making Callie gay. I always have trouble with shows that take an intelligent, self-aware adult woman who has always been straight and have her suddenly realize she's a lesbian.

In my opinion, that's when "ER" jumped the shark: when Weaver decided she was a lesbian, pretty much out of nowhere.

I thought Callie's coming out was a little more motivated than Weaver's, but still...most women I know who came out came out in their teens, when they were first exploring their sexuality. This woman is a *doctor*, a *surgeon*. She's highly sexual, too. Always has been. I have a really hard time buying that she didn't know her sexual preference!

Just to be clear, lesbianism doesn't bother me. If she had been a lesbian from the start, that would make perfect sense to me. If they had an intern coming out, I could maybe buy that since they're younger. It's the fact of treating woman like our sexuality is so mysterious that even *the women themselves* don't know how they feel that bugs me.

Plus, when's the last time a middle aged man on a TV show suddenly realized he was gay? It never happens. Men know. Women are mysteries. It bugs me.

(Of course, I realize that some of this is that lesbianism is a turn-on and many people are turned off by male homosexuality. It is assumed that audiences would not accept a man coming out in adulthood. I do get that. Still, I don't like the message I get from this sort of storyline.)

I do feel bad for Rose, though. I liked her. frown

Kriston