Can I go off on a tangent? My son got in troube at school the other day for "inappropriate language during instruction". The word? "Hell". He was trying to explain to two other kids (who had apparently used the word but didn't get in trouble) that it really isn't a bad word because you talk about it when you talk about religion and it was "kind of like heaven but different, when you die".

I agree that he shouldn't have been talking while the teacher was talking. I am annoyed that he got written up for it because, well, because, I'm not sure. Teaching her moral values? The other kids didn't get in trouble? I don't like the teacher anyway? Not that I'm going to do anything about it but I'm just curious what you guys think?

When he showed me the report I simply told him that he shouldn't have been talking when the teacher was. Later, he brought up "hell" and we had a discussion about what it is and that took us into different religions and off we went!

Last edited by squirt; 04/21/08 12:37 PM. Reason: hit submit before I was finshed typing