Originally Posted by squirt
I hadn't thought about it that way, but I guess I didn't get through without being violent either. However, I don't remember the incident most often retold by my family so maybe it doesn't count?

When I was 8, my sisters and I rode a school bus for an hour each way to school. Apparently, a big bully boy was picking on my oldest sister and I plowed into him. Bloodied his nose and face and kept beating him in the chest. Bus driver had to pull me off of him. He had to call my parents, but he told them he was really very proud of me and that the bully had it coming. He never bullied anyone else on that bus again. Odd how I remember none of it whatsoever! Wonder who else I beat up? Oops!

Well, we had to walk home and my younger brother was being taunted and bullied by an older boy. He started in one day and I just snapped. He tried to ride away on his bike but I ran after him, grabbed the back of his bike seat, threw him on the ground and started ripping his hair out. I was about 10, I think. He didn't bug us after that....

When I was in high school a girl in my PE class was constantly harassing me, calling me names during class. I told the teacher and he told me to "handle it" myself. So the next time she called me a f-ing c-word I punched her in the face! I was sent to the vice principal's office but I was not punished in any way.