Well, I am feeling more optimistic... Apparently, this was piloted in my son's class last year (I didn't know that when I first posted)... Half the year they piloted Singapore math and the other half EnVision. My DS said for half of the year students who had finished their work/mastered their lesson got to go to an enrichment center do things at the enrichment center. He loved that. Apparently, that was envision curriculum... So it may not be a greatest curriculum but that whole 'when-your-done/mastered-your-lesson-you-get-to-go-talk-math' with other math kids at a "center" was a BIG hit with my son... Apparently, the group (generally it was the same grup fo kids every time) would get together and pick a math topic to work on - multiplication, square roots, etc. Now, I am assuming that the teacher has some discretion with how the "center" works so I guess what kind of teacher the child has can make a difference and can make a good experience or a bad experience BUT I am breathing a huge sigh of relief for now and definitely feeling optimistic. Also I don't mind computer aspect at all - my son already does a lot of math on the computer and I find he works much better using a computer (hey DH is a hardware computer engineer so we're all about using tech/computers here - t's in the blood) particularly with his dysgraphia and handwriting problems... so I am okay with that aspect as well. SO feeling optimistic despite the criticisms.

Last edited by Irena; 08/30/13 02:12 PM.