Originally Posted by MumOfThree
Moomin, it sounds like your DD is completely sane, and unfortunately possessed of the (apparently mistaken) idea that she ought to be treated like a human being and listened to. Schools, in general, and many (most) adults are not accustomed to the idea of children as fully functional people with valid opinions and points of view who deserve to be listened to and treated with respect. Yes she has to learn to behave respectfully to, and clearly there are some problems there, but I would not want to squash her the way school clearly expect/need to either. If they would not treat an adult that way they should treat your DD that way.

Exactly! The teacher probably isn't used to a child having valid thoughts and opinions! I can see our DD6 doing the same thing as your daughter. She says she doesn't like school because: it's too long, she has to sit too much and her bottom hurts, she doesn't appreciate the kids with behavior problems disrupting class and it's boring. Every day I struggle to get her ready and out the door. I've come to realize that until something is different with DD's school this is how it will probably be every morning:-(