Originally Posted by moomin
That went badly...

DD was very happy, right up until snack. She then decided that the teacher's "you only get one item from your lunch during snack time" rule was unfair... so she started to yell about it.

The teacher put her in the "Bad Girl" chair, and announced to the class that DD was a bad girl.

Then *&^$ got real.

DD ripped off her name tag (tearing her shirt) and threw it onto the teacher's desk, insisting that she was quitting Kindergarten and that they should call her father (me) to come get her.

The teacher refused and sent her back to the chair.

DD threw the chair across the room and demanded to speak with the principal.

The principal was called and intervened, and DD tearfully explained her complaints and explained that Kindergarten just wasn't going to work out.

The principal, interrupted DD and sent her back to the classroom. DD yelled, that it wasn't polite to interrupt people, and refused to go back...

... By which time the rest of the class was coming outside for lunch/recess. DD refused to participate, opting instead to stand there and try to explain her gripes to the teacher and principal who studiously ignored her.

Finally another teacher came over to ask a question, was button-holed by DD, who spent the rest of recess explaining her dissatisfaction with the entire administrative hierarchy of the campus.

At the end of lunch DD returned to the classroom, and behaved admirably for the rest of the day. The entire freak-out lasted 45 minutes (out of a five and a half hour school day).

At the end of the day DD greeted me with a big smile and told me how much fun she had at school.

The teacher looked pale and wan. The day had aged her.

The bad girl chair? Are you flipping kidding me?