Yes, indeedy.

Tomorrow I anticipate picking up the schedule, then having to ask:
1) DD would like her school records to be changed to Last Name 2. Why? Because her full name is so long that her teachers for the last two years have wrongly called her by Last Name 1, and she would rather be Last Name 2 than fight that fight with six different adults. Plus she self-identifies with the ethnicity associated with 2, rather than with 1.

2) DD would like to be placed in second year Orchestra, not first year Orchestra. We know the teacher had to hear her and determine the placement, and we're fine with that (fingers crossed that the teacher is a "let them rise to the challenge"person, not a "make sure they have a solid foundation" person). Is that process likely to happen before school starts, or is her whole schedule going to be redone in the first week of school so she'll end up with entirely different classes / teachers and coming in today was a total waste of time?

3) My kid who has not made the cut for a subject acceleration two years and three tests in a row really needs a subject acceleration. Any chance we could get one?

Man, I am going to need to do my best impersonation of a competent adult. I ought to put on grown-up clothes and everything.