I worry about elementary at the current school because of the 2e issues. It is likely that DS will need some accommodations as he progresses. It is my understanding that the staff in the upper elementary class tends to be rigid and unaccomodating.

This is something that happens now in the K class and would be even more likely in upper elementary given the increased workload:

Suppose DS spends the morning working on a map coloring project. He has to stop a lot because his hand hurts and to sharpen the map pencils because he keeps breaking the tips. By the time he is done, his hand is really hurting. Next up on the assignment sheet is writing his spelling words three times each. At this point many kids have finished their assignments and are getting out free time activities like Legos and games. DS can't join in until his words are written. Correctly. This means if he did the "g" reversed on every word, he will need to correct it. If his correction involves putting it facing the right way but on the wrong line, he will have to correct it. After all this, there is no time for him to have free time. What he doesn't finish gets sent home as homework.

I understand that this could happen at any school. Hopefully things at this school will improve in this area after his evaluations. As it stands, "time" is the only accommodation available to any student. They see it as fair because he gets as much time as he needs.

It doesn't help that his self advocacy is very "5 year old style". He doesn't exactly say, "Excuse me, my suspected genetic disorder and learning disability are making it difficult to complete this assignment in a timely manner right now. Could I please finish it orally for now and maybe complete the written portion later when I have rested my hand?"

Instead he whines that he doesn't like writing, goes to the bathroom half a dozen times to put his hand in cold water and might stop to "watch/comment" on what the free timers are doing.