ShiningStars, as the parent of two children who were thought to have ADHD and later found to have other issues, I wonder a bit about the actual ADHD diagnosis - please know I realize I can't diagnose through the computer screen and a few lines in one post - but the description of the girl "drifting off into a fog" might be something other than ADHD. Do you know if she's ever had a full neuropsych veal? If she hadn't, this is a good age to do a full eval.

The other thing that might be helpful to her mom is if she or you could post the names of the tests she's scored high vs low on - it really isn't all that unbelievable that a 2e child would test extremely high on some tests and extremely low on others - I've had that happen with all three of my children. Not all tests test the same abilities or capabilities or learned knowledge, and I've found testing to be especially puzzling and challenging to interpret for my dd who has a challenge with an ability that impacts reading.

I also have experienced thinking one of my children *wasn't* all that bright, and then having her score high on the WISC. All of a sudden thinking she was "gifted" actually changed the way I talked to her, my expectations, and how I interacted with her. It was amazing how differently *she* reacted in return. I think most of us have preconceived ideas about what "gifted looks like" but from what I've seen - it can "look like" just about anything - all kids are so very different.

Best wishes,

polarbear