Originally Posted by 1111
How about getting enrichment OUTSIDE of school for this upcoming year? With a PG kid, I have realized the school can't really help to the level we need help anyway. Look into online options. I am in the same boat here, new to this. I would prefer to keep our son in school as well because of the great things his school (private) offers. Amazing art, music programs etc. Someone else might have ideas of good online educational options.

This is if you feel your child will be OK for another year. Seems he is at least enjoying his friends while in school.

I THINK that he will be ok for another year. He does enjoy the social aspect. Last year, he began to understand that there is an academic part to school - that the other children go there to learn, and that he doesn't. But it didn't bother him because he is young and he likes the social scene. Something has switched with him lately. My hunch (and my hunches are usually quite accurate) is that this will be the year that my son will want to either grade skip or switch schools. I'm not ready for the grade skip - I can almost guarantee that he will be.