Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Just to clarify, we are a district within a district. My son goes to a charter school (technically it is it's own district) and this school is within a very large district. The very large district DOES have a gifted program (that my son wasn't accepted int0) but the tiny "district" (the actual charter school) has no policies, nothing.

I have been the most supportive and positive parent that I can be. I follow up every meeting with a thank you and always make sure to say something positive, ex. "I want to thank Ms. Helper Teacher for attending the meeting. I know how busy she is and she has really gone out of her way to help my son along the way."

They school admits that my son should be grade skipped - possibly two years. We are not interested in that. We have settled on asking for subject accelerated, for a variety of reasons. They are holding back mainly because of logistics and because of other parents who will "expect the same".

We have suggested sending and paying for a tutor to come to school and tutor my son in the areas he needs to be accelerated. They were against that because, again, other parents will want to do the same.

Really, we are trying to hang in there for another 2 years. There is a great school that my son will be able to go to then. I actually worked at this particular school and know firsthand that it will be great for him.

In the meantime, what am I to do? I was going to make the partial homeschooling suggestion in the most cooperative way.