Have you applied to DYS? I went back through your posts and saw that your son took an IQ test and was PG, so I'm assuming he qualifies. Your situation is the perfect example of how the consultants could help advocate for a better situation for your son. They offer to get on the phone during school meetings and share ideas, or send info. If DYS isn't an option, I think the Gifted Development Center offers the same service, albeit for a price. You could also just schedule a phone consult with GDC and get their advice on how to handle the situation.

I think I'm reading from your posts that your son is in a public charter school. It doesn't sound like they're open to thinking outside the box. Can you find another school that would be? I think you should go principal shopping and find a principal who realizes PG kids have needs that are different than typical or even gifted kids.

We actually had really great luck with our principal who had her masters in gifted education. She approved everything we asked for, for our son. We had to pay for it, but it was worth it. I don't think every school in our area would be open to that, but she and the teachers agreed he needed something different than they could offer.

Good luck.