Your ds sounds very similar to my ds at the same age - my ds is dysgraphic due to fine motor challenges associated with developmental coordination disorder.m

I was shocked when I saw his first set of neuro-psych achievement tests (he was given the WJ-III) - I had expected much higher numbers. Instead he had a huge range of scatter with some very high and some very very low. When you just looked at a nom-ordered list, or looked at the lists ordered by subject, the scatter didn't make any sense. However, when Ilooked at the subtests in groups, divided up by type of response required (handwritten vs oral) and timed vs untimed, patterns jumped out - he was up where he should be bad on IQ when he was able to answer orally and wasn't timed; untimed but handwritten tests were consistent but significantly lower, times tests with handwritten response were really really low -which made it *look* like he hadn't achieved what he was capable of.... But really what e scores reflected was his inability to write. As quickly and fluently as his same age peers.

You may find out its nothing, but I think it's a good idea to move forward with an LD assessment.

Best wishes,

polarbear