Hi.

My child just finished K, is 6.5. He is in process of being assessed.

I don't have a report yet. Child finished WISC and WIAT. WISC was FSIQ 156. GAI 170. VCI/PRI were 99.9 and 99.8. Working memory was superlative at 98%. Processing was at 48%.

Achievement was different. She didn't have all tallied but said second grade level...should have been fifth if matching IQ. Said behavior was much different. Diverted, tried to get out of writing, anxious, etc. said several times, I haven't been taught this yet.

Tester feels strongly it is a LD. Saw letters reversed, poor spelling. Writing took forever. Simple sentences. Will do phonics assessment next.

In K..child was in top reading. Top maths. Received a 3 (1-4 scale) for writing. Teacher said letter/number reversal age appropriate. She has challenged the details in child's writing as a big discrepancy to his illustrations and verbal.

He loves Legos, drawing, researching interests, and being read too. He reads two grades ahead but does not enjoy reading out loud. He has never liked to do academics at home...ever! So he has never been taught above grade level, in basic math/phonics. For example time and money hasn't been covered at school or at home. I have tried and he resists.

So, we will explore LD and I'm reading up on everything. But, I am interested in other's experience...can the discrepancy be lack of exposure and perfectionism? How likely is that? I see there is a 2e board and will read / post there. Wanted general input...

Thank you.