I don't think so. There is an extracurricular aspect to those kinds of music classes that elevates those to "club" status, and in any case, they are elective. Nobody has to take them to graduate.

AP Literature is the "GT" version of mandatory 11th grade English, perhaps... does that get its own page?

What about PE?

Is Varsity football or Dance Team "GT" physical education? Or is it something different?

I'd argue that while such things could potentially be viewed as differentiation for athletically gifted students, the reason why they don't exist formally in that respect is that schools are about academic education, fundamentally, not physical achievement.

Therefore football and drama and band are not part and parcel of "mandatory education" standards. There also, please note, are not necessarily "special education" versions of those things in most schools.

If the GT class featured in the yearbook is something like band-- that is, an elective that students choose or don't, rather than a placement decision made by school officials and parents-- then well and good.

Val and I are coming at this from the same place, I think-- just different angles. I'd like to live in a world where the kids who are in the modified diploma program could have their own yearbook page-- and would HAPPILY embrace the notion that then the dual-enrollment class should also have their page...

but I don't think we are there yet. Of course, if class sizes go any higher in my state, it wouldn't surprise me to see parents clamoring for IEP's that get their kids into classrooms with lower student-teacher ratios. whistle

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.