DS6 presented with "leaky gut" and had horrible gut pain/constipation issues as toddler...diet seemed to really affect him. and still does. after ingesting casein he can become very "spaced out" etc, seems like a different boy. main help for DS has been to remove all dairy from his diet.

we are not strict gluten/casein free, but try to mostly avoid and I try not to let DS6 have ANY casein ever after gluten... I still let DS have occasional ice cream, but mostly late afternoon/eve so it effects if any are while sleeping. he wakes up fine but sluggish. DS also is able to eat cheese w/o apparent gut difficulties and a nutritionist explained different proteins? whatever, whichever, DS tolerates it.

but I just wanted to add DS6 has NEVER had ANY ANTIBIOTICS. so far. he hasn't had an infection/illness requiring them. he has been sick of course, but overcame without antibiotic use, just symptom mgmt.

So while overuse of Antibiotics is a huge factor in many cases, it is not always the reason...

forgot, DS Candida got out of control, but better with diet changes as well. he does take vitamins incl "fish" smile

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller