"Gut and Psychology Syndrome" by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride MD

http://www.amazon.com/Gut-Psycholog...8-1&keywords=gut+and+psychology+syndrome

Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and READ THIS BOOK!!!!

I have done a lot of research in the course of trying to find answers for my youngest daughter for whom I joined this forum a few years ago (diagnosed at 17 with ADD inattentive, Aspergers and situational depression but also suffering from insomnia and severe anxiety). While Neurofeedback resolved most of her issues, I believe this book explains much of the why and how my DD came to have these issues that got progressively worse over the years. I just wish this book had been available when my DD was little so I could have spared her the suffering.

My eldest DD (also HG) never had 2E issues but suffered chronic headaches since she was a baby and chews her fingers till they bleed apparently due to stress (she is a super high achiever with an amazing work ethic and does not recognize what stress is so it has been really tricky to address). It is because of her that I found this book. At 22 she was hospitalized in severe abdominal pain and diagnosed with Lupus and Ulcerative Colitis. Given that modern medicine offers no cure for Lupus, only health destroying steroids for symptom relief, we went on a hunt for answers and we found this book. Everything in it makes so much sense, I think everyone knows someone who can benefit from the information provided in this book.

Basically it has to do with antibiotics and probiotics and how our fear of germs and use of antibiotics has led to imbalances in the gut-germs that are necessary to properly break down and absorb food. The imbalance in the gut causes the gut lining to malfunction, allowing things into the bloodstream that are not broken down sufficiently, this creates havoc in the whole body system. The imbalance caused by antibiotics favors certain strains of gut bacteria so they grow disproportionately and steal the nutrients before they can be absorbed. This is why iron pills may do nothing to help anemia. Additionally, candida is favored by these conditions and it grows out of control (everyone has some candida and it is necessary in the right balance, it is what breaks down the body when we die). When Candida gets out of control, it causes cravings for sweet starchy foods and vinegary pickled foods which exacerbate the whole situation. so what you have is a slow poisoning of the body and brain and simultaneous nutrient deficiency. No supplements can help once the situation gets to a certain point because they never make it into the blood. its explained much better in the book and the path to correcting the problem is clearly outlined with recipes to help. I hope this helps many of you.

Nik