Thanks Nik. Makes total sense to me. Western diet wrecks havoc with out brains and bodies. I do think diet makes a difference with ADHD or symptoms of it, though others may disagree.

When we went to neurofeedback provider #1 last August for ds7, she put us on a grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, processed/refined-free, etc. diet. She advised us to eat healthy brain food like walnuts, avocados, fish/chicken, nuts, seeds, and other foods that are nutrient-dense and rich in omega 3s. I thought it was a bit drastic and draconian, but I figured I'd give it a crack and treated it as an exciting experiment and learning experience. So I tried out true superfoods like spirulina and hemp and began a real discovery process.

Well, Ds7 and I have definitely been better on the diet. My hormonal/ menopausal symptoms have subsided, which they were eliminated but I'll take subsided. Ds7's ADHD-like symptoms have improved. More significantly, however, dh's Crohn's has virtually disappeared due to the diet; stress can, unfortunately, still affect him occasionally.

FYI - ds7 finished another 20 sessions of NFT about two weeks ago now. He's now had a total of 60 NFT sessions. He's been doing very well - less angry or explosive, more cooperative. Success, I'd say.

I'm still very grateful that you mentioned about NFT here on the forum. Otherwise, I don't know if we would have considered it when we did.