I think I have purposefully avoided getting to know the other parents much or arranging playdates... one way or another, I don't think we will be together for long.

Yesterday my son went full on anxiety attack/school refusal. It was ugly. I think it was because we'd missed part doses of meds over the weekend and because over the weekend he hit his boiling point on "I never learn anything at school".

I told him I had good news and that they were going to be giving him some chances to do some harder work and see what kind of work he should have for next year. I also told him they would give him a test soon where he could answer some questions and if he didn't know the answer to ask questions or guess. It would be okay not to know some things because he has never been taught them.

I am really hoping we have the anxiety back on track today. He is diagnosed GAD. In talking him down yesterday he had worries from something happening to pets to the stair rail being lose at our house to being tested on 5th grade work and not being able to do it...