Ok. Thanks for the help of a much needed reality check. I realize now that it appears they might be trying to follow the advice in the IAS manual(!! smile ) Hence the 2-3 grade levels ahead achievement testing.

Thanks for the input about not necessarily planning to skip him that far!

Amazed, sorry you are not getting reasonable responses from school. I am floored to be getting such a great response. We talked about a few options but subject acceleration wasn't going to meet his social needs. He just doesn't fit very well with Kindy kids. I hope something changes in your life to make your school choices easier up ahead.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around and brainstorm this. I guess my first questions for school are:

* In what format will the testing will be administrated? (i.e. one-on-one, bubble sheet, computer, etc.)

* What method(s) will be used to interpret his scores? (i.e. national, state, or district norms, pass/fail, tester's impression of mastery, etc)

* How will his ADHD be accommodated during testing should that present a challenge to him completing testing as scheduled?

* When would we (the parents) expect to receive his results?

What am I missing? If they do an IAS on him, we have a WPPSI and WIAT already but they have mentioned the need to update. I completely agree that would be helpful. Too many ceiling issues for him on the old tests. I expect that new tests would increase our IAS score and might help with DYS application as well but I always fear getting poorer results from a tester that doesn't get gifted kiddos very often. Last time we went with an expert.