Thank you all. so much.

Laurel- Her hearing was just the normal hearing check by the doctor with the headphones.

She has never had a chance to play with other PG kids. We live of a remote island in a small community and that makes things difficult. She does well playing with one friend at a time in a quiet environment. Definitely. Dh and I are both introverts and I do see that in her. She is just fine being alone.

I am not sure about the name thing either. I need to pay more attention, but it does appear to be more in a group setting I believe. Such as when she went to a camp this summer, she came home never knowing a single child's name even though she was with them for 2 weeks, except those kids she knew form being one on one with them in the past. Girl scouts is a group thing too, and she still doesn't know their names. Sigh.

Thank you all for the book recommendations. I am getting them on my kindle tonight. DD has her one really good friend (age 9) spending the night tonight and she will play and be happy. It is just anytime there are many kids she shuts down and looks confused.

DD6- DYS
Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.