Our son is ready for college. He's already been successful and enjoyed taking several college level courses through places like Coursera, EdX etc. He is currently in 7th grade and homeschooled. He has the ACT scores (28 composite with highest of 32 in science) on his first attempt. I'm interested to know how others have navigated advocacy for early college entrace and worked to overcome the following challenges:

1) High school subjects (time) requirements: Has attending AP classes or taking AP tests helped?
2) 4-6 semesters or 2 years of English seems to be the minimum requirement. Is there another form of qualification that suffices?
3) College admission contact person: Is there a person or department in Universities that may be the right first contact? I have spoken with admissions people from a couple of Univerisities and they are typically unable to direct further and appear to look to check off the basic requirements only.
4) College and High school concurrent enrollment: Is there a best case scenario as to how to approach this topic and with whom?

These are some of the main questions I am currently dealing with and having trouble navigating. I'd appreciate any and all input for group members.

Thank you.