{Big Sigh}

We are still waiting to hear the district's decision about whether they are going to agree to our request for out of district placement or if we will be entering a legal fight over it. I have been asked by our consultant to keep a low profile during this waiting period - don't raise a ruckus about anything while we are waiting to hear from them. They are making it really hard though.

We are having *a lot* of bumps in the road to implement the newly agreed parts of the IEP. Teacher really doesn't get it and now DD is being told "Well you need to talk to your mother - she's the one that requested these things." Really? No one ever told the professional educators that it's not appropriate to put an 8 year old in the middle of adult decisions?

So as I try to keep breathing and keep my head down DD comes home from school yesterday upset because her gym teacher had the class running outside. Why would that be upsetting? Well the gym teacher had them running up a hill while he yelled "Last one up the hill is a rotten egg!" Then had them running down the hill as he yelled "Last one down the hill is a rotten egg!" You get the picture. I asked DD if it was always the same kid who was the "rotten egg." She nodded silently. I asked who that was and she pointed to herself.

Really? The dyspraxia kid with processing speed somewhere between a tortoise and snail? The one YOU ARE CURRENTLY EVALUATING to see if she should be receiving prescriptive pe because of her difficulty keeping up physically with the other kids during gym class? You somehow think it's appropriate to yell these things and point out to her and everyone else in the class that she is finishing last. Every time.

I am rarely speechless but this one? I really didn't know what to say...