Great discussion, my only goal is that my son’s make enough money to support my wife and me in our retirement. My 10 year old still says he will support us and give us a big house, our 20 year old said he will place us in a home. (I hope it’s a nice one). IQ is just a factor in wealth (cash and assets); it’s an important factor to a degree. Very high IQ may be a detriment at some point, money may not mean as much. Most of the very wealthy took risks that many of us would not take, and many just work harder, or smarter (Not always IQ smarter), some give up things that many of us would not. The price for wealth can be high. If you look overall a low IQ can make it difficult to become wealthy, so the converse may hold some truth. This is mostly anecdotal but I know many HG adults doing very well financially, many gifted, and some average doing very well also. I also know many HG that are not doing so well (Some by choice). (And who defines well anyway?). I think (Like anyone asked) that the subject of wealth and IQ is much broader, then the results on an IQ test that falls apart after 140, and maybe isn’t that good after 130.

Last edited by Edwin; 04/15/13 06:52 PM.