Cricket2 - Yes, of course. I greatly appreciate your candid assessment. I am pretty sure DYS admissions committee will be pretty ruthless in assessing whether an application makes the cut or not. Regardless, we are very pleased with the test results and they do confirm that he needs additional enrichment as you suggested.

Originally Posted by Cricket2
Originally Posted by TX G Mom
My DD was accepted into DYS with achievement scores (WIAT-II) and a portfolio, even though her WISC-IV scores fell short.
You are the first person here that I recall posting that but it is good to know that there is another side to the story. I totally understand if you don't want to be more specific here, but were your dd's WISC scores very far off? It sounds like the achievement piece was very strong but I wonder how far off one can be on IQ and have another piece offset it.

The OP's IQ scores might also be offset if, like you say, the Explore scores were well beyond the minimum DYS numbers and/or if some unusual scatter within the WISC subtests depressed the subtest scores. I was less optimistic b/c the posted achievement scores weren't well beyond the minimum and the IQ scores aren't just off by a point or two. I could, of course, be wrong though and please do know that, either way, it sounds like you've got a child whose needs won't easily be met in a standard classroom.