So I am now going to fill out the application for DYS for DD. Living on a remote island in Alaska, a 3 hour plane ride to the mainland, and with one school on the island only, who told me "sometimes gifted kids just have to be miserable in elementary school", I could seriously use their help, but I am super nervous.

One, her scores on the WISC-IV were VCI 148, PRI 153, and GAI 160, but her FSIQ was only 144 (brought down by processing and wm) but with extended norms, which the tester did not include in her report, it jumps to 153 and the GAI jumps to 180. Do I need to push the tester to use the extended norms or will her regular scores do since VCI, PRI, and GAI are all above the 145 minimum?

She also took the WIAT-III. She is in Kindergartin this year. These are the results I got on that. I do have a full report to submit. Apparently in K age group they don't test on some of the subtests I had read about? Since broad reading wasn't tested?

Composite scores
Oral Language- 149 greater than 99.9%
Written Expression- 133, 99%
Mathmatics- 157, grater than 99.9%
Total Achievement- 150, greater than 99.9%

Do you think she would be admitted with these scores, even though her written expression is only 99%, since her total achievement and Mathematics which davidson looks for are both higher than 145?

So I need a portfolio too? Should I include the paper she wrote for fun when she was 5 called How to Spot A Witch after reading Rold Dahls "The Witches" and other type examples, or should I just submit scores and recomendation letter at this point?

Her recomendation is coming from a good friend who is also our medical provider in our small town and who really gets dd. Her daughter who is in college is also my DD's penpal and her son teaches DD swiming.

Why am I obsessing over this? Gaah. I guess I am just so hopeful they will in someway give me some support that I can't get due to my remote location that I am afraid of rejection because I truely need some help. Thoughts please?????

DD6- DYS
Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.