DS9 has outgrouwned the Explore and I am planning on having him take the SAT next year. I don't have the Explore test scores back yet but he already had good scores last year and this year he indicated that the test was really easy except for the language section.

Anyhow, I had him take the three math sections of a practice test and he scored around 600. I imagined that he made some careless errors but mostly it was that he hadn't had real algebra or geometry (only elementary algebra/geometry and pre-algebra) and couldn't figure out how to do some of those problems within the time constraints ( a littel more than a minute a problem). However, he is scheduled to take Algebra next year in 5th grade so I imagine his score would go up next year.

I am looking at the SAT as a way to track his progress as well as to qualify for membership in SET (Study of Exceptional Talent), which requires a 700 score before age 13. Obviously, he has three more years to improve his score to 700. I am asking for opinions/expeiences on how likely his score would improve to 700 next year with and without prep. By prep, I don't mean a full-fledged course, but perhaps exposure to the topics and a few practice tests.