Hi all - just a quick update (especially since it may help present and future lurkers having similar struggles)... Advocate coordinator said my communications to the school were very well written. In terms of the para situation, she said that I should, for this para and for future ones, ask for the para's qualifications and training... As that the present one (and in the future) get disability sensitivity training as the iep provides funding for that for teachers and teacher assistants or request that she be removed.

I haven't written the email yet but DS told me said para has been "most definitely and significantly 'nicer'" within the past two days. So, I am going to word my email softly but I am still sending something asking if said para has been talked to, what findings and what decision were made, and suggesting that perhaps the school should consider using the funding that it receives under my sons IEP for teacher and paraprofessional training to get said para some disability sensitivity training. The advocate said I can most certainly have her removed ... However, since DS reports she has been nicer I will not push for this.