hi polarbear

Have you gone through this slide show? I hope the link is okay (I'm at work and can't access various things online...)

My DD on the CTOPP private testing has 16th percentile for both the rapid naming areas and 30-somethings for the phonological awareness (I can't remember what those are called) Two schools we have given this data to either rejected it (public) or completely ignores our communication (current private).

Her writing isn't as bad as some kids with these issues, but for her IQ/effort it's pretty painful to read, takes a long time, and her ideas don't come out. She has all the caps/lowercase/punctuation errors as classic, even when she'll score 90%+ on a quiz at school when they have to do multiple choice for knowing the rules.

Her reading comprehension is outstanding but she also has amazing visual learing abilities. She doesn't appear to have an ability to sound out words the way you'd teach a kid (when she encounters a word she hasn't seen), she makes wild guesses, does word substitutions, and skips over words.

She like other posters' kids is heading in a downward direction when you see her scores (as well as fatigue) from year to year. She's going to be going through a program this summer to re-teach things and hopefully help the writing for the next grade.

I hope this makes sense. I'm really rushed. good luck