Another cosleeper here--my probably highly gifted dd coslept and transitioned herself to her own room before 3yo. DS (who is probably gifted but not as obviously) really needs me around. He's suuuuper sensitive so he needs a lot of extra comfort. We're all lucky (DS, DH, and I) to be on the same page about this being appropriate for this "season of life."

I'm getting comments at school (DD is in K) just because she's surprised people with her reading and everyone volunteers during language arts at some point it seems (except me, because DS needs me at naptime, ha). Some have been very neutral which I'll take, but came across as a little pointed. If they asked I'd love to explain we didn't hothouse her :p DS is getting the "wow he's really talking" comments but dd talks so much he flies under the radar and we got them SO much w her it really is easier to just vaguely smile and move on. We're lucky we've only had mostly neutral or even sympathetic (wondering if dd is bored etc) comments... Hopefully no one's talking behind our backs.