Well... but relative to things like debugging so that a site keeps running,

it is slightly lower on the priority list.

I mean, I consider my own area of expertise/passion to be Absolutely Essential to the Human Condition.

It has lately come to my attention, however, that this perspective is decidedly unusual, as innately powerful and elegant as my reasoning may be. wink

Different people also have different sensitivity to different design elements, I will also add.

In running a message board, some people find the dynamic user-interface (or specific elements of it) the most important, some find color-scheme to be critical, and for still others, it's all about the font or images. All of that falls under "design" and all of it is "the most important thing" to someone.

It's subjective, in other words.

I do maintain that none of that is AS important as the ability for users to actually access a site to begin with, however. So yes, a server crash caused by a code problem is a far greater disaster than the right hex color to complement headings, or where to put your Twitter feed box or Facebook button.

Besides, what I like and find particularly user-friendly, someone else is bound to hate. As noted above. wink
LOL.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.