My DD is a bit like that but not quite to the extreme. Her working memory scores are well below average but not as low as the processing speed. She does get alot "worse" when she's tired or stressed out, and if she's given verbal instructions in a noisy environment, she'll have no recollection.

I can't help with advice with more formal programs, but some things I do with DD are

1- ask her to repeat back what I just said or asked her to do, (I try to make good eye contact when I do this, but if you're just yelling up from the basement can you get me the yellow flashlight, that's harder!!)
2- write down as much stuff as possible for daily tasks or things you've agree to. Lots of color is good for my DD or allowing her to pick the format, where it goes, etc.
3-make as many natural consequences affect her as possible within reason (like losing points for forgetting a book report instead of me reminding her of things like this constantly).

I've found that continuously emphasizing her strengths (by allowing her to make efforts and achieve in these areas) as I go about working on the challenges makes a big difference. This makes DD more open to working on the challenges and helps her see herself in a whole, balanced way.

...and my DD is also very high on visual learning (that's part of the whole stealth dsylexia mystery) and demonstrates very high focus and follow-through on things she's interested in or has on her mind at any given time (that's more the absent-minded professor thing...they're thinking about their findings from an archaeological dig and not which coat they should wear or if they should grab the coat before they walk out the door LOL).

Last edited by bzylzy; 02/07/13 08:54 AM.