Just wanted to update. Basically, it went as expected (although, I admit, I had my hopes high!). Teacher was very nice but told that school will not upgrade her to the third grade math. She also told me that school will not allow testing just because they will test them all at the beginning of the 3d grade and then will group them with most advance kids pretty much doing 4th grade math at that point. School position is also that we shouldn’t teach them 3d grade math so that they will have something to learn next year… So she cannot give me 3d grade book to use at home. She will, however, look for 3d grade math homework and already asked my daughter and a few other kids to do short “teaching” on Fridays in front of the whole class. Surprisingly, this made my daughter happy. So overall aftermath – “please educate your own kid” thing all over again  And I don’t think it is her vision but rather school’s one. She was very clear that she would prefer grouping by abilities (no matter what ability level). I guess, I could go directly to school psychologist/support group and can push for it, but after considering your responses and looking into this more I decided to wait until the third grade “differentiation” and continue to work on multiplication/division fact memorization as well as work ahead using ixl web-site and 3d grade math book (we going to buy ourselves).