He does have rough days at home too. He has anxiety and is easily stressed - especially when he doesn't get time on his own to play legos or read. He's got a bit of a temper and has a hard time keeping it in check (he's famous for his growling noises). But he calms down quickly and is usually very well behaved, and ALWAYS very thoughtful. Very empathetic. He is able to focus for hours on things he loves...anything science, environmental, story books.

Our relationship with his teacher is ok. we met with her (and the principal) at the start of the year to go over a lengthy neuropsych report (he has epilepsy, which may be the cause of his anxiety), but I don't think the teacher fully understood his issues or his level of intelligence. She seems to reward the rule followers only. His processing speed is relatively low (85%) so he doesn't do well on all the timed math tests they do.
They do a point system in class, but he usually ends up losing the points he gains and pretty much breaks even at the end of the day.

I've just found myself getting worried a lot about him lately. I don't want him to lose his love of learning, and I'm afraid he's already losing his love of school.
I think his self confidence has taken a hit, and the other day he seemed upset at the public museum - a place he has always loved.

Can't get a 504, but I think the school will be cooperative with any strategies we request.

thanks