I'll try to keep this short smile

My daughter is 6.5 years and was identified as exceptionally gifted at 4. However, it's not symmetrical. Her cognitive scores are on the bottom half of average while her Verbal scores are at the 99.8%tile (She's a single point away from qualify here, so I hope it's okay I'm asking this here.) At four years old, I was concerned about this difference but they acted like it was no big deal. Yesterday she went through testing again for an IEP. The school psychologist said we were looking at a "twice exceptional" student because of this difference.

My daighter has SPD, anxiety, OCD, and ADHD. The SPD is important as she has trouble maintaining eye contact with people and is having trouble correcting speech issues because of it (trying to show her r, th, f, m, n, so on.) She can't read and can only name 18-20 letters. She can recall less from memory. She has trouble with phonetics because she can't remember the sounds for E,F,G,M,N,W and Y. She can do math story problems but can't remember what + and - are for. She's on her second go round of kindergarten and scoring at low average for her age. No one is arguing she needs and IEP. The problem is figuring out what services she needs. They keep asking my opinion and I don't know how to respond.

I have a child who WANTS to learn, even her teachers have seen this, but I don't know how to teach her. (Important info; she is doing an online charter school after a year of homeschooling since the Pediatrician can't/won't help and pushed it off to the school district. The Pedi really wants to see her in public school setting but I just don't feel that it is appropriate.) What kinds of thing should I know about an IEP for the gifted?

Thank you for taking the time to read this