Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
My husband finally was able to see that yes, in fact, I just MIGHT be a perfectionist with some serious OCD issues if this went unchecked.

LOL I've been accused of having OCD once or twice wink I don't think I meet the diagnostic criteria for it... it's more like I'm right beside it.

I was worried about my DD, though. My dr dismissed the idea, saying "we all have a touch of OCD." DD has made tremendous strides and I dismissed the idea, until I found out (in my TA program night school) that an estimated 80% of childhood OCD is outgrown. Now I'm certain she had it. (They tell you that things like ADHD & ASD are life long, but apparently OCD in childhood can be outgrown, depending on how the brain develops.)

In fact, when she was about six, I remember reading an article about gifted kids with OCD that was so much like her, it made me cry. I made a copy and carried it around in my purse, working up the courage to give it to her grade 2 teacher (I was worried I'd be dismissed as being paranoid). I needn't have worried because it was that teacher who came to me about the severity of DD's perfectionism (and in doing so, opened my eyes to my own). I've learned a lot about myself because of my kids smile

Last edited by CCN; 01/06/13 07:40 AM.