my DD's scores were almost identical at that age except PS 79% but was never presented to me as a "problem" since it was still high average. If your DD is relatively well adjusted and not experiencing any problems, chances are it's not really interfering with her. There is slower than sibling and than so slow that she can't keep up with schoolwork or finish tests.

I agree with the poster about the school's interest in extended scores - if your child is so high they aren't typically interested in any more "break downs". Especially in a public school the emphasis is so much on keeping up on basic proficiency with so many of the other kids and tracking progress for all the requirements they are working under (with alot of stress) that a relatively well-adjusted child who's already been accelerated probably wouldn't be a high priority.

Unfortunately, of course.

My DD's WM and PS have gone down over the years especially the PS but no concensus has been reached as to why. She has fine motor, vision (eye teaming) issues that aren't really severe enough for strong $$ intervention but slow her down (we work on things at home). Upon tester's observations she also takes alot of time to think about how she will answer a question, and basically has a more anxious disposition when doing timed tests. The tester said it might be something where she can compensate with the work she's had in school so far but as the work gets harder will experience falling grades. But she said this might happen to DD until older high school or even something more intense such as if she went to medical school. She also has dyslexia red flags but would fall into the "stealth" category such as the Eides' research.

The frustration my DD has is more of the issue than her work/grades and the time it takes but not in her overall academic performance.

Maybe you could simply keep a watch out for you DD as she gets older and follow along in case she starts to struggle for some reason.

Last edited by bzylzy; 01/05/13 08:00 AM.